Tuesday 26 April 2011

Easter and definitely no egg!

The weekend started in the usual manner for the last 2 weeks - a visit from Johnny Fuller or catch his now official business tweets here. A video was taken but will never be shown, imagine one of those fainting goats in Algeria being attacked, yes ATTACKED by a bloke with an umbrella and you can begin to imagine the pain. Not there yet? Never fear, here, just watch what I mean...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we9_CdNPuJg&feature=related

Back to my point, or ironically my back. After proceeding to clear knots in my back, 25 minutes one side and 20 minutes the other side, I was too "messed up" for there to be too much work done to the myofascial tissue (get me and my science terminology). In light of this, I am having to go lighter on my back and shoulders for the next 10 days or so to be able to help myself and Johnny clear up the kyphosis.

Workout
My workouts have been going fine. I have had to reduce a little on frequency because I was finding it difficult to recover in time.

I have had gains in all areas of weight being lifted and repetitions at the same time so I am definitely getting stronger. I am going to be switching to total body workouts so that way I can work out the same body part twice in a week rather than every 8-10 days.

Diet
Whilst I am trying to achieve Paelo greatness I still eat some things which are prohibited by the diet itself such as honey and some sugary pieces every now and again. However I have totally gone off chocolate and other sweet snacks. I enjoy fruit and veg a lot more. I really need to find coconut flour from somewhere though as I do miss the occasional cake and definitely my own American pancakes!

I think, and yes I did say think (it happens rarely so be prepared to revel in the awesomeness of a chimp starting a fire - I checked and no there are no youtube videos of this) but the sun really does change the way you eat. For example BBQ's which are by the way the greatest invention to ever come out of the ice age, are clearly the perfect supplement to good weather. My housemate - Tim and I bought a gas one yesterday and I am going to spend several weeks sticking the bloody thing together. In the interim, these disposable BBQ's are a great purchase and so we proceeded to eating burgers, some "Taste the difference" sausages and loads of salad one evening.


Sport
I have been playing quite a lot of football (soccer) recently and not found it difficult without the carbs - actually I am noticing no difference in terms of energy levels when I am playing. I have even got quite into cricket - shame, shock and horror to the lot of you. I seem to have an uncanny ability of bowling out people - yes I have NO IDEA what that means either.


No comments:

Post a Comment