Tuesday 12 April 2011

I got Tim some cordial...

This weekend I was at a wedding, and so whilst I tried to remain as paleolithic as possible, it was a little hard - but I see this being not an issue. The issue for me would come if you started making carbs your main food supplement and not a lesser part - if that makes sense. Either way the food was great and the couple getting married looked fantastic - Nice one Chris and Laura!

I proceeded with training on the bike in my garage, getting in a few miles and then going to the gym in the afternoon...and here is where things get a little surreal.

On Friday, I had a sports massage with Johnny Fuller - there was much talking and mocking in the preceeding days before the treatment, not least between myself and Johnny. Either way we found time to actually get the treatment done. Now, from everything I have ever read, it's meant to be a strenuous routine and some things may hurt, the reason to undergo such punishment is that better blood flow to the cells and looser muscles will aide in achieving your goals.

PAIN!

A few sentences I never want to hear again are "strip the muscles" "IT Band stretching" and "this calf is more tender than I thought." Let's face it people I couldn't see the point of the bloody thing until my Sunday night session.

Each leg exercise I performed went up in weight and there was limited to no pain the day after and we are talking about PB's here, so YES I can thoroughly recommend treatment and if you are in the Chester/North West area call Johnny boy, he is quality!

Sunday night I had a mega bowl of salad with burgers and cheese - I just love the stuff. And recently I have taken to incorporating more fruit in my breakfast portion of the day which certainly helps stave off cravings and fixes my sugar drops.

Hope to catch you all soon, with more enlightening updates.

Peace,
G

p.s I did remind myself to get Tim some cordial...I did steal quite a fair bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment