Sunday 13 March 2011

A Flapjack or a Fish Curry?

So I haven't blogged in the last few days due to a few planning and falling asleep issues - that being I am just falling asleep when trying to stay awake...at home not in the office!

Friday 
My water intake was a little weak during the day but I made up for it at night. If any of you ever think of doing super-hydration yourself, never, ever, ever try and consume your half day's worth of water after 6pm, trust me on this one.

As for my diet, it is going well. I actually calculated throughout the day an interesting bit. I was offered what was a seemingly innocuous flapjack. I took a look at the dietary information and was left perplexed. For 125g of flapjack extravaganza, it equated to 630kcal and 20g of fat! This was meant to be the healthy option!!!!  I managed to create a fish curry with brown rice and naan bread for the fewer calories and less fat, I know which one I would prefer.

As for my workout, it was a really great session. I lifted more reps than last time on everything and when you think I have had only a few days rest in between I was very happy. Overall I feel that the intensity I put into this session was a lot more than what I had done last time.

Saturday
I had a blow out on food and diet, or rather I thought I did. I actually ate less in calories overall than what I do on a usual day, just my frequency and quantity of food was done overall in three meals and no snacking between.

I did however have 2 glasses of wine - very nice Pinot Noir from Majestic, yes begin mocking now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment