Wednesday 16 March 2011

Shitty shitty day...made better through an unlikely source

So let's be clear, work was fine, actually very good. I got through everything I had set out to do, no problem. My lunch was shocking, nothing to blame on anyone but myself - I simply have no one to blame but myself - lesson learnt, failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

But my day was made wholesomely shit when I received some shitty shitty news from a friend in Italy - without going into detail it made me grouchy young man x 100.

My source of hope came through my workout. Yes the workouts which induce nausea, a sense of pain unlike no other, and make me reconsider the whole thing to start with. It's like exercising (I know exorcising is the correct but get the pun!) the horrible demons that you face. The power of visualisation is immense. I see one of my high school bullies dressed in an inter kit holding the champions league cup with one hand and a shotgun in the other and if I don't push as hard as I can he will win. Sad? Perhaps, but it helps me achieve my goal of maximum intensity every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment