Tuesday 8 March 2011

Pancake Day

It’s undoubtedly one of my favourite days of the year. (The summer clocks going forward, May day bank holiday, a random bank holiday which appears from nowhere and your summer/autumn week holiday are the others).

I am pretty shattered after having gotten little sleep in the night - the by-product of me drinking copious amounts of water in my superhydration phase.

Yesterday I sent Jenson Button’s (yes the F1 driver) trainer Mike Collier a tweet asking about genetics and precisely, “here's a quick question, what role does genetics have in training, building muscle, injuries etc?”

I never thought I’d get an answer, but he did, and over 3 tweets. I have condensed the answer into 1 below.

“interesting question, probably too in depth for a twitter reply but we are all predisposed to a certain body size which can be altered through training but everyone will have a ceiling limit which varies between one person and another. There is defo a link between genetics and injury just like there is between some medical conditions and family history for example. Hope this helps”.  

Thanks Mike, very much appreciated.

It goes further to back my point on the role of genetics. James has written a great piece on genetics on his blog, I urge you to read it by clicking here.

Football tonight and hopefully some rest.

P.s. Each pancake with a slithe of nutella is 125kcal so watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment