Sunday 6 March 2011

Plan and diet

Ok, so this bit is the interesting part.

I’ve had a fair few years of training in different ways, and in HIT. The biggest gains I have had is when I have trained the same body part within 4-5 days rest period between workout sessions.

With that in mind I will be working out 3 days a week split into 2 workouts with the aforementioned rest period between. My routine will be as follows: 

Workout A 

Incline Chest Press
Upright Chest Press
Single Arm Machine Fly’s
Pullovers 
Pull Downs
Tri Rope Extension
Tri Machine Extension 
Plank
Side Plank
Rope Crunch
Incline Sit Ups

Workout B 

Leg Press
Leg Extension
Leg Curl 
Lateral Raise
Shoulder Press
Barbell Curl 
Dumbbell Hammer Curls 
Oblique Twists
Woodcutter 
Jacknife 

I will be performing all weight bearing exercises aside from Barbell Curl and Hammer Curls on machines to help in form and avoid doing something drastically silly with free weights. 

As for diet, the biggest issue for me personally is calorie intake. I usually either don’t have enough or the quality is either sugar rich or carb loaded to the max. I wont be cutting out carbs as such, I’m not going paleolithic diet at all, I’m Italian and pasta is part of my staple diet. What I will do is avoid eating too many carbs after 8pm because most of the diet documentation I have read up to now suggests that your body finds it harder to process the calories from carbs in the evening because your metabolism begins to slow down to compensate for your rest period. 

The total calories I will be ingesting every day will be 2600. To figure this out I did my BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) calculation, then did the Harris Benedict calculation and then from this I got my daily calorific needs. To ascertain this, you can follow this link to see how many calories you need. I will distribute these calories over 6 meals a day. 

I will also be superhydrating during the week. I won’t bother to go into detail but Dr Darden has a great article on this which you can read here. Basically I will be looking to drink approximately 3.5 litres of water a day and avoiding alcohol and coffee in my daily diet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment