Wednesday 30 March 2011

Going Paleo...

So I have decided to go Paleo for my 20 week HIT plan. Admittedly this is now in my 4th week, so I would be cautious to think that any further resulting fat reduction or strength gains would be totally attributed to switching my diet to Paleo, however it will bear an effect, hence why I am doing it. 


I am not going to go into too much detail as there is loads written on the subject but put simply, it’s like Atkins but without the premise of having to buy all of their tainted marketing shit that goes with it. “Buy our shake, buy our bars” Shameful! 


Whilst I am trying to maintain my calorie intake to be the same 2600 calories, I have struggled in the first two days, but that’s because my fridge is empty and you need fresh veg, fruit and lots of fish and meat to satisfy the calorie intake. 


So a shop beckons for me tonight. 


I think one of the most interesting things about the diet is that James has been doing this for sometime and his take on it is actually rather interesting. “It’s not about listening to every word and following everything to the tee on it, its about applying the science and bringing that diet to the modern world.” So basically, yes marinade your meats, and if you want a pizza or fish and chips you can, just don’t make it a portion of your lifestyle but don’t let it affect your lifestyle either. 


I would recommend reading the Arthur De Vany site and his book - which I have been reading asiduosly at night - for further information on the paleo diet. (Arhtur De Vany is 72 and puts to shame most 20 year olds in physique and health).

No comments:

Post a Comment